About This Case Study
Outlook Eye Specialists is a privately owned and operated Ophthalmology practice that provide a range of specialist services across 3 practice locations in Queensland. The practice was formed over 10 years ago by a group of like-minded specialist doctors that sought to provide an outstanding level of service in their field.
The Doctors were on a journey to build a new practice from the ground up whilst still needing to manage the demands of commitments to their existing patients. This meant that they had limited time and resources to begin building the practice. Given that the Ophthalmology specialty utilises complex equipment, it was important that they engaged a technology partner with proven experience, and therefore ONGC was introduced. ONGC were engaged while they brought on their first employee, to assist in the development of the technology foundations that they would need to begin operations.
What Our Customers Say
"ONGC have demonstrated a high level of knowledge and capability with relation to our specialist medical equipment and have built great working relationships with our third-party providers such as Zeiss. As you may know, these equipment pieces can be quite complex however we have found that ONGC have always been willing and able to provide the level of assistance and support required. As part of our engagement, we have quarterly strategic reviews that are focused on getting the best value from our investments and ensure we evaluate and reduce risk to our organisation whether it be from an operational or cyber security perspective. On this basis, I am happy to provide my recommendation and believe that the team at ONGC will be an asset to any specialist medical practice."
The Need for a Scalable and Secure Platform
Through collaboration with the key stakeholders in the business, ONGC assisted Outlook Eye through a ‘ramp up’ period providing a level of scaling services as the practice began operations. This included provision of:
- Core server infrastructure to provide anywhere access.
- Systems aligned with the best practices of the chosen practice management software Genie.
- Support and assistance with key third party equipment providers on the relevant integration, support, and testing.
- A workstation fleet compromising of commercial grade equipment with strong support and warranty coverage.
- A business continuity and disaster recovery plan to provide optimum operational resilience.
- Ongoing Managed IT Services to provide day-to-day operational support and advice.
Since the initial ramp up period, ONGC soon after assisted with bringing two more practice locations on board, using the consistent and scalable model initially developed. This ensured that all staff members, regardless of the location they were working from, had a consistent experience.
Over the years, ONGC have further assisted Outlook Eye Specialists consolidate several technology requirements and now provide additional services including:
- Business grade internet services at all locations.
- Digital phone systems and provision of phone lines.
- Cloud migration strategies, including leveraging virtual desktops.
- Cyber security assessments, planning and training.
A Partnership for Growth
Outlook Eye Specialist has now grown to be one of the most highly regarded Ophthalmology practices on the Gold Coast and through the partnership with ONGC, Outlook Eye have been able to outsource most of their technology needs removing a significant overhead on the internal teams’ resources. As the relationship has continued over the years, additional optimisation and consolidation activities have been proposed and executed on to see the business adopt a constant improvement model around the use of technology.